Recently, my blog has gotten a lot of traffic for my last post. I had many notifications telling me about the increase in traffic, new comments, new followers etc. So in the mix, I kinda missed a really cool comment! My Salt, His Light, another wonderful little blog, has nominated me for a Liebster Award!! I am so honored and humbled! So to Tiffany over at My Salt, His Light, a great big
The Liebster Award is an online award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s goal is to help new/small time bloggers get noticed for their wonderful writing and sharing talent! Being nominated is so wonderful and scary to me at the same time! I am completely open and honest in my posts, I am also insecure about my writing, yet I know God leads every post I write. And I know God want’s me to share all these things with as many people as possible. Because you never know who you may touch, the one person who needs to hear what you have to say, who needs that word of encouragement, who needs someone to celebrate with, or to know they are not alone in their struggles.
The rules for a Liebster Award: Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers (although I found conflicting rules on this, some say 1000), Nominees must link back to the blogger that nominated them, must post 3 random facts about yourself, Answer 11 questions the nominator has asked, create a list of 11 new questions for your nominees, and last link to your nominees and TELL them!! (If you ask me, this resembles that of a chain letter, but it’s a good one!!)
STEP 1: Nominate 5 – 11 Blogs
The Crafty Side of Sarcasm (I’ll admit, I have no idea how many followers this blog has, but I love it!)
STEP 2: 3 Random Facts About Me
1: I swear like a sailor. I blame my husband who used to work on an oil ship when we first dated. I’ve been working on this since I accepted Christ into my heart. It’s not going well.
2: I love the sun. The warmth. The glow. The tan. The smile it brings to my face.
3: I drink a green smoothie, or two, every day. Yummo!
STEP 3: Answer 11 Questions
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A Lawyer. What can I say…I like to argue, always have.
- What is the one accomplishment you are most proud of? My children, who are lovable, funny, sensitive, caring, smart and love God.
- Why do you blog? I felt led by God to share my journey. I am led by Him in every post I write.
- If you could do it all over again, what’s one thing you would do differently? I would have been kinder to my mother when I was a teen.
- If someone gave you a million dollars, what’s the first thing you would buy? My kids college education. That is one loan I can’t wait to get rid of!
- If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would your three wishes be? 1: for my family to have everlasting faith in God. 2: To exude Joy. 3: To move to a state that does not have the same climate as Maine. I hate it here.
- What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican! Ole!
- What is your favorite music genre? Honestly, I love everything!!
- What is the one life lesson that you’d like to pass down to future generations. Don’t let anyone tell you that you cannot do something. The truth is, you can do what you tell yourself you can. You can’t do the things you tell yourself you can’t do.
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish in the next 5 years. Move!
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time (other than blogging)? I like sitting by the ocean. I could sit there all day, and do nothing and be completely happy!
STEP 4: 11 Questions the Nominees Must Answer
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- What brings you happiness?
- What is one thing that helps you get through a difficult period in your life?
- What is one goal that you would like to work towards, right now?
- What is one thing that is stopping you from moving toward your goal?
- How can you move past that one thing and just go for it?
- If you had copious amounts of money, what would you do with it?
- If you had no money, no food, no housing, who would you reach out to?
- Could you be the “one” someone reaches out to? are you willing to be?
- And because this is a blog focused on Jesus and my faith, I have to ask, Have you accepted Jesus into your hearts?
- What is the one greatest thing in your life?
Thank you again for the nomination! I hope those I nominated are honored and blessed by this as well!